I hope you are doing well. I am doing good. I came across this cause at my friend Kim's blog. http://www.kimmysharinglight.com/. I encourage anyone who has a blog or a social network to post about this cause. I have personally lost friends throughout my life that needed support in their life and were not able to receive it. I almost lost a family member as well. This and my last post I thought would be a good way to start out this blog.
Thanks for visiting my blog,
If you, or someone you know, is in suicidal crisis or emotional distress please call 1-800-273-TALK (8255).
The Lifeline Network answers thousands of calls from people in emotional distress. There are many reasons for their calls. Please call with for any of the following reasons:
* Suicidal thoughts
* Information on suicide
* Information on mental health/illness
* Substance abuse/addiction
* To help a friend or loved one
* Relationship problems
* Economic problems
* Sexual orientation issues
* Physical illness
* Family problems
Who should call?
* Anyone who feels sad, hopeless, or suicidal.
* Family and friends who are concerned about a loved one.
* Anyone interested in mental health treatment and service referrals.
Who and where am I calling?
* When you dial 1-800-273-TALK, you are calling the crisis center in the Lifeline network closest to your location. To find out what center is closest to you search the Crisis Center Locator.
* Lifeline’s service is free and confidential.
* The hotline is staffed by trained counselors.
* We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
* We have information about mental health services in your area that can help you.
What will happen when I call?
* You will hear a message saying you have reached the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline.
* You will hear hold music while your call is being routed.
* You will be helped by a trained crisis worker.
* You will be given mental health services referrals if needed.
How can I call?
* Dial 1-800-273-TALK (8255).
* If you are a TTY user, please use our TTY number: 1-800-799-4TTY (4889).
* Para obtener asistencia en español durante las 24 horas, llame al 1-888-628-9454.
For more information http://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/