Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Support restoration of Medicaid FMAP funds

Hi Everyone, how are ya, I'm good. I received this e news from NAMI. Please contact your local senator to support restoration of Medicaid FMAP funds into the Jobs and Tax Extenders Package. Mental Health benefits are so limited as it is. That is why so many of the mentally ill are living on the streets because insurance will not pay for enough treatment that they need. When I was growing up I remember even with my mother her treatment was limited and my father had good insurance working at the Boston Globe. So please take just a minute or two out of your day, that minute or two could keep someone off the street and at best keep them from giving up on themselves and committing suicide. Speaking of the Boston Globe I love in the Gimme Shelter video when the old Boston Globe truck drives by the store. Brings back warm memories of seeing them around my town growing up and thinking that's where my daddy works and I felt so proud of him. If you have never seen the Departed do so, great story. I love seeing Boston and I love the cast. I may have to watch it again myself. Donna's husbands company has a scene with their staging in it. I believe it is in the scene when Leo and Matt are on the roof, you can see it in the background. We should have gone in Donna and helped them set it up, maybe Leo would have been by or Marky Mark LOL! With all the shooting in the video I am surprised what bothers me the most is when they slam Leo's wrist, I had to turn my head for that, too painful looking. And I can't help but laugh when Jack takes that hand out of the bag, that would so be him in real life, just pull it out and talk in your face like nothing is going on LOL! Have a great day everyone.
Thanks for visiting my blog,
Love ya,
Janet :)




This week, The Senate will begin work on a new version of the Jobs and Tax Extenders legislative package that passed the House of May 28. The bill, known as the American Jobs, Closing Tax Loopholes and Preventing Outsourcing Act (HR 4213), includes a provision that would extend each state's federal Medicaid match rate (known as FMAP) through June 2011. Without this extension, many states will very likely cut funding for Medicaid, which is the most important source of funding of public mental health services. The extended Medicaid FMAP was removed from the House bill, so getting it passed in the Senate is of particular importance.

The Senate bill also includes $1.065 billion for the National Housing Trust Fund (NHTF), a critical investment in development of rental housing for extremely low-income households (including people with serious mental illness living on SSI).

Take Action

Call your Senators now to support restoration of Medicaid FMAP funds into the Jobs and Tax Extenders Package. All Senate offices can be reached toll-free by calling 877-210-5351 or 877-442-6801 or through the Capitol Switchboard at 202-224-3121. Or, you can e-mail a message to your Senators.

Urge your Senators to support the new version of HR 4213 and not to remove or weaken the Medicaid FMAP extension.

No comments:

Post a Comment