Thursday, July 22, 2010

Balance The Waves

Hi Everyone, How are ya, I am doing good, I am all settled in my room and now I am just kicking back and relaxing for the day. The cable people actually came early for a change instead of later in the day, maybe my luck is taking a turn for the better!! Now if I could just catch that Dam Gatra bus. I had to walk from Kingston to Plymouth and half way back yesterday to go to the Doctors in the heat and humidity, sucked!! They are going by my window here every two seconds, so if you hear of a women that went off on the Gatra Bus System, ya it was me, I finally snapped!! The guy at my local Cumberland farms gave me a coupon for a free Ice Coffee and didn't charge me full price for Ice Coffees I got for me and Scotty because I think I was purple LOL!! So now that I am sitting here having the space and peace that I need to pull it together, I find myself having mood swings from happiness to deep pain for all I've done and all that has changed. They said it would be like this for us at WATC when you first get sober. Some day's you feel like your going crazy, but it will pass. And I am thankful that for the most part everyday I do feel upbeat and think positive. It was just when I had to leave Kingston yesterday it hurt so bad leaving Scotty, even though I have been gone already, he seems to not need me as much, and as a mother when that day comes it hurt's no matter how old they are. I should be happy he is so independent but I wish deep down he needed me a little more I guess. Then when Christa dropped me off she did not want to let me go, she kept saying "are you sure, I don't like this", I kept telling her I'm ok, it's alright! Being the sign of Balance as well, this Loving Kindness meditation fits right in with my life here by the Ocean. Balance the Waves my friends, sooner or later the tides will even out! I am surprised at how peaceful it was here last night, I only heard a little music playing next door and some teenagers at the Beach around 10pm, it almost got too quiet, felt lonely in a way, so I played this song for myself on my droid, having no TV and internet didn't help the loneliness either, so I thought I would share it with all of you who also have those Lonely OL' Nights. Speaking of waves, I think I will hit a couple of them myself today while I freshen up my tan!!
Have a great day,
Thanks for visiting my blog,
Love ya,
Janet :)



Photobucket

Balance The Waves
Finding balance may at times feel like a struggle. Life is filled with extremes, some painful and others pleasurable. You might be grieving over the death of your beloved grandmother-and a few days later be surrounded by family and friends as you celebrate your birthday. How can we hold these two extremes without shutting down? The Buddha (which I personally love their teachings) said the greatest happiness is to know peace that is unchanged by changing conditions. With this inner stability you can ride the waves of contrasting emotions and experiences without losing your balance. The next time you're overwhelmed by the contrast of joy and pain in your life, simply say these phrases to yourself:

"May I ride the waves of pleasure and pain with ease"
"May I be peaceful and at ease"

It's possible to experience happiness in the midst of pain and sorrow. It's possible to be happy and sad at the same time. This is part of the balance of life, and practicing acceptance of this pleasure and pain dynamic helps us let go of our need to control our experiences. Accepting this duality is the birthplace of balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment