Saturday, July 31, 2010

Patience

Hi Everyone, Happy Saturday!! Hope your having a great weekend. I am. Tomorrow we are going to have a clambake with the whole family. Larry is finally going to meet his new great grandson :) I am so grateful today for Pete's Patience with me. As I do so with him as well. He gave me the time and space I needed to be sure of what I wanted. He loves me like no one I have ever known. He also had the Patience and intelligence to know that behaviors do not change right away for someone who is detoxing. So today I advocate for others like me, just remember Patience with them as they need time to work things out in their minds and body. They do not walk into a rehab and have instant sobriety. Patience is so much better to have with them at that time then to react to them in your usual ways. The Patience you have with them will only help lead to a better state of sobriety for them no matter how much you feel you need to correct their behavior. If they had a cancer on their body, would you hold them to the same standards or like most people do, remember have a little more compassion for them, a disease is a disease, is a disease! Taking time to think things out can help avoid regrets and judgements. And always remember you never will truly know what is going on with another person, especially at such a painful time as they have to face their demons that have been making their life a mess. Patience will lead to a much more peaceful way of life for you and others around you. Try it out and see how it makes a difference in your daily life.
Thanks for visiting my blog,
Love you,
Janet :)

2 comments:

  1. You are so right about patience. I am glad your life is calming down for you. I am a pretty patient person. But like all of us I do have to work on it. Having it only helps yourself and everyone around you.
    Love and Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Russ, how are ya? Good to hear from you. Thanks for your kind words, they mean a lot to me today. Yes life is good and calm for me these days :), but like you said I have to work at it, like all of us do. The more I work at it, the easier it comes, I Love having more peace with myself and my life each day. I am glad you know patience as well, some people struggle to know any at all,
    peace and love to you too,
    Janet xo

    ReplyDelete