Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Emerging

Hello, how are ya, I went for a walk Saturday night at Rocky Nook, an oceanfront located here in Kingston Ma. Being the anniversary of 9/11 I was reflecting back to how I felt that day and still do every year this anniversary comes around as I walked along the sunset. As I listened to Overcome by live I grieved for all of the people lost on that horrific day. But as I continued on my walk though, I could not help but notice so many houses with the American Flag waving in the wind. New feelings emerged in me, one being of pride for what still remains of the American Spirit. One of inspiration, to overcome even the darkest of days and rise again. These feelings are symbolic to me and where I am at in my life. I have to grieve in a way for my old self and find that sense of pride and inspiration to rise above what mistakes I have made. It's always been easier for me to just beat myself up and never forgive myself. But no, not this time, I have to find that strength to really do the work for personal growth, forgive myself and let the past go. I will work on reaching out for support as we all did that day 9 yrs ago, each time I do I know my spirit will grow a little more beautiful as the sunsets that surround me. Life is Sweet huh, next time you are out and about in your day, take a couple of moments to notice the little things in your world that can really make a big impact on your spirit and personal growth. I'm 100 percent certain you won't go wrong in doing so.
Thank you for visiting my blog,
Love ya,
Janet :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Hi Janet
    If you get a chance check out my blog post today. It is about Chronic Invisible Illnesses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Russ, thanks I will,
    Have a great day,
    Janet :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. there is much to hear,see and feel if take the time..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you livintheblues, I couldn't agree more :)
    Janet

    ReplyDelete