Tuesday, October 5, 2010

National Depression Screening Day

Hello Everyone, I hope your doing well. Thursday is National Depression Screening Day. I personally feel this is a very important day to help you or a loved one you know that may be suffering from depression. It is the most treatable mental illness there is. Often people find themselves just stuck and don't know how to get help. So please if you think you or a loved one is in need of help, take the time to do a screening. You may take a screening at home or find a local clinic with the links I provided below. Life is waiting, time to go live it :)
Thanks for visiting my blog,
Love ya,
Janet :)

Photobucket

Got the Blues? You Are Not Alone
One in 10 Americans is clinically depressed, but less than half are getting treated for it, according to a new survey.

National Depression Screening Day is October 7th

Ever feel like you are the only one who is sad in a world of happy people? Everyone experiences stress, sadness and anxiety from time to time – it's part of life. These feelings often happen when you a lose a job, children move away from home, during divorce, with a death in the family, or during retirement. But when changes in mood and behavior interfere with one’s ability to work, sleep, eat, and enjoy once pleasurable activities, it could be a sign of depression. National Depression Screening Day (NDSD) gives people the opportunity to take a free, anonymous questionnaire assessing their risk for mood and anxiety disorders and provides referral information for treatment.

Take an Anonymous Screening
http://www.mentalhealthscreening.org/screening/Welcome.aspx

http://www.mentalhealthscreening.org/

http://mentalhealthscreening.org/locator/ndsd.html

4 comments:

  1. I never knew about this. Thank you for sharing. I was diagnosed years ago, so I already know I have a problem, but this is good information for anyone who hasn't sought treatment. I will have to share this information with friends. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the comment Jennifer, most of all thanks for sharing the information. I am glad you were able to get your diagnosis. I hope it has helped make a big difference in your life and that you are not suffering anymore.
    Take Care,
    Janet :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unfortunately, I still have my moments, and lately, they have been frequent. Anxiety attacks and bouts of depression. I don't think I'm getting enough sleep, and I'm overwhelmed with new responsibilities I haven't gotten used to yet. It makes me feel lazy, because I'm too tired to do it, which leads into the depression.

    Usually, though, I do fine. Just lately, it's been hard. It doesn't help that emotions were running high recently, as we had a death in the family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry to hear of your loss Jennifer, I know how hard that alone is. I am with you on the bouts of anxiety and depression and I am also having trouble sleeping, I have alot ahead of me to deal with and that is what brings all of that on me. Know your not alone, and I wish you peace and happiness, I'm always here to talk too, we seem to have alot in common. Thank you for your comment
    Janet :)

    ReplyDelete