Saturday, October 16, 2010

T.I. My Hero

Hi Everyone, How are ya, Happy Saturday! I just realized I haven't posted here in a few days, shame, shame, I guess I was enjoying being a slacker this week! I was so happy to see that Rapper T.I took the time to stop and help this man down from the edge. Now some are calling it a publicity stunt, but I don't think so. Society is so full of haters and doubters, sad really. I think he truly cared, if it turns out otherwise than so be it. I get the impression he is a caring human being like most of us. Most of all that day, society didn't want to deal with the fact a man was on the ledge, Hello people, can we talk about that??? Not one person talked about the suicide attempt that day on the all the videos I watched. Not one person cared to say how is that man doing, it was all T.I this and T.I that! Yes my friends, hurts me to say this, but Stigma is still going strong. Although you probably already know that. It just infuriates me, I can't help it!! Anyway,(took a deep breath, letting it go)LOL! You would not believe all the hits I get on this blog for people searching google or any search engine for help with "depressed teens", and depression, suicide. It is going on in so many lives, yet we just can't as a society rap our brains around it and people know that, so they seek help in private until they cannot do it anymore. I'm posting this video and song again too, that I just love. Most of all I love what he says in the beginning, Life is an interesting journey, you never know where it'll take you. We all have our Peaks and Valleys for sure. He is trying to get his life on track right now, I wish him the best, I have nothing but empathy for him. The past few days I have been feeling more upbeat, I think I'm finally at the point I am truly ready to forgive myself. I gotta let it go, just let it go. I screwed up for a little while, so what, I'm human and it's only a small fraction of my life, my journey. My mistakes are pale in comparison to the bigger picture around me. I have to appreciate every thing I have today, right here and now. God wanted me here to enjoy today, otherwise I would not have survived until today, there were many times in my youth as well I can't believe I survived. So much lies ahead for me. So for now on every day, as Rihanna says, but in my own way, I'm going to keep on climbing, and when I fall into one of those days that I just don't want to climb anymore, I am going to force myself to work even harder to look in the mirror and keep on shining! It is a battle everyday for me, but I think I'm going to win it! Today we should all take the time to pray, in whatever way you do,(I just talk to my higher power) for everyone who is suffering like that man was that day. It can't hurt and it takes you out of your own stuff!
Thanks for visiting my blog,
Love ya,
Janet :)



No comments:

Post a Comment