Saturday, January 15, 2011

Blossomed Souls

Hi Everyone, "I don't know if we each have a destiny, or if we're all just floatin' around accidental-like on a breeze(fate), But I, I think, maybe it's both". I love this line from one of my favorite movies Forrest Gump. Don't we all wonder what really is our destiny? are we working towards it or does fate already have it all planned out and we are where we should be? I couldn't help but think of this line when I was watching the TV this week as we all remembered Britney and mourned for Christina. I have been touched by Britney's story since last year and I did not realize until this year that the anniversary of her passing is the same day as my Mothers. She has inspired me so much to step outside of myself and do something for the greater good of others. I decided back in November to contact the Be Like Brit Organization to volunteer. I thought at Christmas time it would be a good time to set up a booth to sell her items at the mall in hopes people would buy them as a different Christmas gift and help raise money for her dream. They contacted me and liked the idea, and added me to the volunteer list. Although the booth idea did not work out this year, probably because of so much going on with the breaking of ground in Haiti,but I look forward to the day I can do something with her organization. If not with them, I do plan to add to my bucket list a humanitarian mission of some kind, I would love to do that someday now I know for sure. Then this morning I heard on the news that Christina's Parents donated her organs to a little girl here in Boston. Now she has helped a life in her death as well as Britney. These tragic situations not only give us pause to stop and love, care, they also are sending us a strong message. I feel it is this one I found on my friends blog, "We did not come to this earth simply to do our job, make money, acquire things, and be like everyone else. We did not come to make ourselves so busy that we have no time to feel our soul, and to listen to its gentle guidance. We came to blossom into the fullest expression of our true nature, our authentic self-who we were destined to be before we were shaped into someone else. There is still time". I hope where ever these beautiful souls are that they know their lives designed by fate or destiny, have inspired people like me. Most of all may they somehow know that in their years, although short, they truly lived, their souls blossomed so beautifully for all us to follow by example. God bless them and their families.
Thank you for visiting my blog,
Love ya,
Janet :)

Christina Taylor Green











No comments:

Post a Comment