Sunday, September 4, 2011

Recovering Your Light

Hello, I hope your having a great Labor Day Weekend! I was excited to come across this movement to celebrate and raise awareness about recovery. When it comes to recovery with an addiction, I know everyone has their own beliefs and or theory. Some believe in the disease aspect of it, others believe it is just a matter of individual behavior. I am still not 100 percent sure which theory I believe in. One thing I do know now, absolutely 100 percent, is that we grow up in a society that "conditions" us to the idea that the ideal way to go through life, have fun, on such a weekend as this, is to have a few alcoholic drinks, get a high to enhance the "good time"! I was fully conditioned to that ideal off and on, until last year. Thankfully, I can say now, through a series of unfortunate events, I have been "unconditioned". As strange as that may sound to some, thankful? How can anyone be thankful through a series of unfortunate events? Not be bitter or angry? I would answer that by telling you (although I'm sure you have heard it before!) sometimes you have to truly know the "dark" to recover the "light", the light that is your spirit, your natural self, free of anything that alters that light within you. Recovering, tapping into your light, I promise you this, will be the best substance you have ever had. Indeed I am the lucky one to know a better way to enhance my good times now, I am on the best high of my life. By sharing this, my wish is for all of you who need to find this feeling, that you were innately born with, will do so. I suggest to any of you who are concerned about yourself, take simple and small steps. Try to spend a weekend such as this without the substances. Simply change the conditions you have been accustomed to, and if it becomes a problem to do so, then seek help. I will be sharing more insight and information through out the month that will also include recovery from Mental Illness.
Thanks for visiting,
Janet :)

‘I wish I could show you, when you are
lonely or in darkness, the astonishing
light of your own being.’ ~ Hafiz ~
Photobucket

National Recovery Month (Recovery Month) is sponsored by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).

Recovery Month is a national observance that educates Americans on the fact that addiction treatment and mental health services can enable those with a substance use disorder and/or mental health problem to live a healthy and rewarding life. The highlights individuals who have reclaimed their lives and are living happy and health lives on long-term recovery and also honors the treatment and recovery service providers who make recovery possible. Recovery Month spreads the positive message that behavioral health is essential to overall health, that prevention works, treatment is effective and people can and do recover.



http://www.recoverymonth.gov/

No comments:

Post a Comment