Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Scars Are Symbols Of Strength

Hello, I came across these beautiful words of compassion today. It was if someone looked inside my soul, uncovered pains I have experienced throughout my life, and somehow put those pains into the words I could never find to speak of them myself. By the time I finished reading these words of an author unknown, I felt comfort. I am sure you will too.
Thanks for visiting,
Janet :)


Wounds... They cover your soul from the words and actions that have shredded your heart. The worst kind of wounds are the ones no one can see. The ones you feel bleeding out inside of you and you have no way to stop them. It’s an endless flow of pain and sorrow that darkens everything you once held so dear including you.

Someone you loved made you powerless, weak, vulnerable, and then they left you barren, desolate, and covered in these wounds. You lie there in a field of misery unable to find any aid. Shivering and aching from all that you’ve endured.

I just want to tell you I’ve been there. I have laid in that field of misery on a bed of sorrow with rain as heavy as the tears inside of me pouring down and drowning my screams. I have felt that utter hopelessness and sadness. I have been shattered. I have been abandoned. I have been betrayed. I have been defeated…

You are not the only one. You are not alone in this.

There are others who have made it out of their misery and found shelter from their sorrow. You will not hurt like this forever. The aches and the anxiety and the questions will become silent and still in time. You will learn how to breathe again, and more than that you will learn that you were never broken or destroyed. Your wounds will heal, and although they might leave scars, you will recover. Those scars are nothing to be ashamed of. After all they are symbols of your strength, your faith, and your courage.

You will find peace from this chaos. You will find warmth to take away the chill they left you with. You will learn to live again and write chapters beyond this dark one. Ones filled with happiness, love, joy, and light. These ghosts that haunt you will fade into the shadows and you will see that all along you had it within you to overcome this.

I just want to tell you that I’m rooting for you. You will heal as I have healed and you will find the way out of your sadness. When you do don’t look back at what was. Let it go and start this new chapter…

No comments:

Post a Comment