Saturday, September 15, 2012

What Is Beautiful

Hello, Meet Lizzie, a very sweet person who was dubbed the 'World's Ugliest Woman' by Internet Bullies. I couldn't help but feel inspired after her appearance on the Dr. Drew show. I think she is an incredibly brave and courageous women who is sending a message to all of us, just what is Beautiful anyway?? We have all been so conditioned to what "Beautiful" is through TV and print. I hope her story inspires you as well, and helps you to view yourself and others around you in a whole new light.
Thanks for visiting,
Janet :)



Lizzie Velazquez was born with a medical condition so rare that there are only three known cases in the world.

The “Lizzie Beautiful” author says she's used to standing out. Yet, in our beauty-obsessed culture, Velazquez always finds a way to thrive and inspire.

“I'm human … of course these things are going to hurt ... [but] I'm not going to let those things define me," she told HLN’s Dr. Drew Tuesday night.

She added, “The stares are kind of what I'm really dealing with in public right now … I'm starting to want to go up to these people and introduce myself or give them my card and say, ‘Hi, I'm Lizzie -- Maybe you should stop staring and start learning’.”

Watch the full interview in the video player above. Velazquez also has a new book out, "Be Beautiful, Be You."

51lV06A5PxL_BO2204203200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-clickTopRight35-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_
When an Internet video calling her, The World's Ugliest Woman, went viral, Lizzie Velasquez set out to discover what truly makes us beautiful. Now she shares what she learned on that faith-filled journey. In Be Beautiful, Be You, Lizzie uses anecdotes and exercises to teach readers to recognize their own unique gifts and blessings, talk to God in their own words, deal with disappointment, make and maintain healthy friendships, and set realistic goals.

2 comments:

  1. A very inspirational woman and interesting story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an inspirational story. Thank you for sharing this. It's sad to know that a person can get satisfaction from bullying someone. I am glad she wrote a book and is talking about this. She's right, people need to start learning...:-(

    ReplyDelete